Country: Multiple locations
Job Title: ASSOCIATE CLINICAL DATA TEAM LEAD – HOME BASED – EMEA – UK, Spain, Ireland, Portugal, Poland, South Africa, Serbia, Romania
Type of Job: Permanent
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Are you a data and a people person? Here’s your team. We manage and clean the data collected in a clinical trial — from the design and build of the database and edit checks, through the entry and cleaning of data to the final delivery of clinical trial data. We work closely with the project teams and clients to identify best practices and processes, meet and exceed our clients’ needs, and do the right thing to earn their trust.
PPD currently has an opportunity open for an Associate Clinical Data Team Lead. In this role, you will act as the assistant lead data manager for one or more projects supporting the lead data manager by performing assigned tasks in study set up, data cleaning, database close-out and other associated tasks.
The main responsibilities of this role include, applying the protocol to daily data management tasks, delivering project specific training to clinical data associates, and coordination of data cleaning tasks, ensuring quality standards are maintained and delivered within agreed timelines.
You will be involved in creation of database specifications, build and user acceptance testing during the development of database and edit checks. The role is also involved in the creation of data management documentation, leading team and client meetings and supporting the lead data manager with risk management. You will also have input into project forecasting of hours, monitoring study metrics and reporting, and providing project status updates to internal and external clients.
Ideally, you will have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
• Preferred experience: 1-2 years in a junior level data management role or 2 + years in a relevant role within a cooperative group, clinical study site, clinical laboratory or statistical setting
• Good written/ verbal communication skills with a strong command of English language and grammar; good organizational, analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Ability to apply knowledge and skills in a highly organized fashion while adhering to regulatory guidelines, SOPs and client expectations
• Ability to work productively with support and minimal supervision
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with clinical data and client’s proprietary data
• Strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed
• Ability to train and direct junior team members
• Ability to set and meet timelines or be able to recognize and schedule changes in response to project demands
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
– We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing -We are one PPD –
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.
Closing Date: April 22, 2021
Website/URL for further details: click here