Data Management Expert Groups (DMEGs)
To provide a key benefit to ACDM membership of a new forum for Subject Matter Experts across Clinical Research to discuss topics, develop best practice and lead the way forward in their field of expertise.
On behalf of the ACDM:
- to create useful resources (articles, white papers, best practice, guidelines, etc.) for the ACDM membership to utilise
- to aid in the creation of training activities
- to manage, run and participate in ACDM Hot Topics of special interest
- to aim to partake in conference and help encourage attendance
- keep members informed by helping to regularly communicate/blog updates to increase member engagement
There should be one or more individuals leading & driving the group forward and doing so in a non-biased way, ensuring that there is always a successor to maintain the group, feeding information/updates to the board of intentions and plans. The groups are to run as efficiently as possible, providing benefit to the ACDM.
These new DMEs are to include individuals from the ACDM membership who are keen, willing and able to commit to the objectives outlined.
These groups are to meet on an agreed frequency, using the most appropriate meeting methods dependant on location of attendees/members. ACDM conference calling facilities are available if required, and the ACDM administration office are available to help with the signup and maintaining of membership of the DMEs.
- Clinical Trial Unit (CTUs)– inviting people from a CTUs, Academia, Clinical Research Institutes, etc. to come together and discuss topics of interest, best practise, etc.
- CDM Metrics– working across industry on ‘must have’ metrics as recommended by DM experts, definitions, reporting, etc.